The past two weeks have been full of the kind of news no one wants to hear.
- the cataclysmic flooding in Bangladesh and its neighboring countries in South Asia
- typhoons in the Pacific
- the development of Tropical Storm Harvey into Hurricane Harvey, which grew to monstrous proportions and became a Category 4 storm, crossing the Texas coastline three times, destroying Rockport and other coastal communities, and causing epic floods in Houston.
- the cataclysmic flooding in Nigeria
- the fires raging in California, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and now also in Washington state
- the fires also raging in British Columbia, Canada
- intense earthquake swarms in the Yellowstone crater
And now, as if that isn’t enough, Hurricane Irma is poised to cause destruction across the Bahamas and Cuba before threatening the Florida panhandle. And there’s yet another storm forming behind Irma.
Who wouldn’t be stressed and distressed by all of this terrible news, especially if you’re living in one of the regions most intimately affected by these events?
That’s why I was so encouraged when a friend posted this tonight:
Psalm 46:1-3: “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!”
What a timely reminder of God’s blessing of peace in the midst of the storm!
I was so moved by these verses, that I’ve created another Bible verse puzzle so I could share them with you!
I have a vision for this puzzle with its precious message: it is my hope that not only will you buy one for your own family, but I hope that you will also buy one or more for families who have been displaced by these terrible events. I think it’s important that families in these terrible situations are offered options for relaxing together while also being encouraged that God hasn’t forgotten them.
It comes in a beautiful gift box in two sizes: 8×10 inches and 11×14 inches.
Fifty percent of the royalties from each of these puzzles will also be donated to disaster relief.
If you need some help with ordering puzzles, please don’t hesitate to contact me and ask. I’ll be more than happy to walk you through the process.